Aglaonema Commutatum Red Elephant Leaf is a new hybrid with striking bright red leaves. The coloration on this plant is surreal- we have never seen anything like that before! Aglaonema’s are extremely easy to grow houseplants. They can tolerate low light conditions and periods of draught -if you tend to forget to water your plants, this one is for you!
Aglaonema Commutatum is a slow grower and can grow up to 1,20cm tall. To assure best coloration keep it in a bright spot with indirect sunlight.
Size: this plant comes in 12cm plastic nursery pot and is up to 20cm tall.
- Light: The darker green varieties of aglaonema can grow in near shade, while the variegated varieties require brighter light. Do not expose any aglaonema to direct sun.
- Water: Water thoroughly in the summer and mist the plant often to raise the humidity. During the winter, reduce watering but do not let the plant dry out completely.
- Temperature: These plants do not like cold drafts or temperatures below 65 F. Be sure to keep it away from drafty windows or vents and the warmer the spot you can find, the better.
- Soil: A well-drained potting soil is perfect, use our aroid potting mix for best results
- Fertilizer: Feed your aglaonema with slow-release pellets or a liquid fertilizer during the growing season.